Sunday, April 19, 2015

10 Questions That Will Change The Way You View Your Problems

Higher Perspective | The Rundown Live


Life is full of things outside of our control. All we can really control about it is how we choose to handle it. Take some time to think about the following questions. The questions we ask ourselves drive our responses to life’s problems.

1. What do I have to be positive and happy about right now?


Your strongest defense against negativity is your ability to choose positivity. Happiness tends to escape us when we focus only on the bad.

2. What problems do I not have right now that I should be thankful for not needing to deal with?


I like to think that, when overwhelmed with problems, it could be so so much worse. Who knows what kinds of awful stuff I could be going through?

3. Am I too hard on myself?


When life’s woes start piling up, it can be easy to feel like you’re not good enough. But that’s silly. If you try the best you can, the best you can is good enough.

4. Am I holding on to anything I shouldn’t be?


When things start feeling hard, it might be time to look inward and see if there’s anything or anyone you need to let go and emotionally free yourself from. It’s hard work, but if you can let go of extra baggage, your problems become easier to focus on.

5. Am I blaming others for my own problems?


Playing the victim can make you feel better, but it’s not going to change anything. Plus if you blame the people around you, they’re not going to want to help you overcome your challenges.

6. Is my mind clear enough to handle this?


Sometimes when problems arise, we get mad. Getting angry muddies our minds and makes it harder to take on these challenges. It’s important to focus with a clear mind.

7. Are you placing too many expectations on your others?


This ties in to #5 in a way. It’s important to not have unrealistic expectations of others.

8. Are you placing too many expectations on yourself?


Life gets easier when you have fewer expectations. Let go and appreciate your life and relationships.

9. Does anyone need my forgiveness?


Holding onto anger is like drinking a poison and expecting the other person to get an upset tummy. Of course, some relationships just aren’t meant to be, but people still deserve your forgiveness if they’ve earned it. Is there anyone you need to forgive?

10. What have I learned?


Learning from past problems and events impacts how your future plays out. Live for today, live in the moment, but think about how your past problems can contribute to a stronger future for yourself.


The post 10 Questions That Will Change The Way You View Your Problems appeared first on Higher Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment