Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Starhawk: Bernie or Elizabeth

Starhawk
2 hrs
Bernie or Elizabeth--for months I've been unable to make a decision between the two of them. I love Bernie's fierce, uncompromising agenda--and his proposals reflect the scale of what we need to do around climate change. But Elizabeth is so smart, and a woman, and so well-organized, and she just buckles down and does the work. But I am away from home on election day, and wanted to get my ballot in early, so I had to decide. It breaks my heart, because I like Warren so much--but in the end, I came around to Bernie Sanders. Here's why: I asked myself, what kind of energy do we need, not just to take back the White House, but to make the big changes we need to make to address climate change and the systemic inequality and power imbalances that keep it going. We need a huge movement of people who can mobilize fresh energy and hope and outrage and tackle these problems with creative joy. And I believe Bernie Sanders is the candidate most likely to inspire that level of energy. But to do that, he is going to need all of us to do more than cast a vote--to talk to people, to phone bank, to canvass, to keep on donating money, and most of all, to realize that it is our job not to yell at people or attack them, but to invite and persuade them into the movement for justice that we want to see. This is a terrible period of time, full of so many disasters and disappointments. It's tempting to react out of fear, rage and frustration to almost everything around us. But to build the world we truly want, we need to channel the fire of that anger into determination, and reach out with great generosity to encourage others to join in.


Comment:

Phoenix Boulay She is a wise woman, but I am pretty sure the Super-Delegates and the ones who dropped out, pandering to Biden, will not only blow it for Bernie, but ensure that Trump will complete his mission. C'est la vie.


The DNC burned Bernie in 2016, and it looks
like they may do that again. Let's not forget Al Gore. I wonder how different our world would be had these people succeeded.


I think the ambitions of the Democratic party are so diverse and scattered that the party may have to reconsider its identity and values, or we will have to start taking 3rd parties more seriously.


Interesting to note that today HRC was informed she must appear for a deposition regarding her deleted emails/Benghazi. πŸ˜€ At long last.

No comments:

Post a Comment