Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WIN-WIN SOLUTION

WIN-WIN SOLUTION: Let's all go to a Yoga class and meet halfway.
We'll do Warrior II pose, which is neither standing or kneeling.
Seriously, why not?



I did make it to a "Flow and Restore" Yoga class this evening. I have been in the house on the computer most of the time for many days sitting way too much, until today. I had signed up for 2 classes that I canceled on Friday night and Saturday morning. I was kind of having a Dark Night of the Soul for a few days, and didn't feel like being around people if I didn't have to. Almost went to one Sunday, but walked at the pond instead. Almost went last night but I couldn't get there in time. Now I feel much better from doing yoga and eating a healthy, spicy meal afterward. ( I went for Thai food, because that's what my body wanted to feel better. I love Thai iced tea to balance out the heat in the food.)


I actually want to do some more yoga before bed, which is the point of taking classes, to get back into a regular, daily practice. When you stop doing yoga for a long time, then start again, it is not so easy to get back to where you were. Your body protests, and as you breathe into that discomfort, you start to learn about your habits and your what your body wants and needs. To my surprise, I have come to understand it is the long hours at the computer that impacts me the most, not the bodywork on multiple massage clients. It's all about finding the balance. Balance, that is something I also need to work on more. Sounds like a plan. <3


(p.s.) Remember, Yoga is for EVERY body. Some clients have told me that they can't do yoga because "I've never been very flexible." --which is exactly why they need it! The beauty of it is that you are challenging yourself, it is not a competition. Who wouldn't want to feel better, sleep better, and cultivate better habits?


(p.p.s.) The other benefit of yoga is that is calms one down and helps one gain perspective, because the focus is not out there, it is inside one's heart.


~~~


My tags:
Yoga, Health + Wellness, Win-Win, Daily Practice, Listen to Your Body, Heart-Centered, Awakening, Consciousness, Every Body, Calm, Perspective, Breathe, Work/Life Balance, New Habits, Disengage from the Fray, Don't Take the Bait

No comments:

Post a Comment